Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

Statement from Ms Carney ahead of Tuesday's Meeting.

We have received the following Statement, which we wholeheartedly support, from Ms Carney ahead of the meeting on Tuesday 15th February 2011.

"I am attending this meeting in a genuine attempt to explain the Councils financial position and the process we have gone through to identify where savings could be made.

Anything I say at the meeting will be restricted to facts about the financial position Sefton Council is facing and the processes involved in trying to balance the budget and prioritise services.
As an officer of the Council my role is non-political. I will only be able to answer factual questions and I cannot, and will not, express any political views, or answer any politically motivated questions at the meeting.

Ordinarily I would not be prepared to attend a ticketed event of this nature. However I accept the reassurance that only room hire costs will be covered and any excess will be donated to charity.

I have had assurances from representatives of The Southport Anti-Cuts Coalition that this meeting will be fairly chaired and that there will be mutual respect throughout."

No comments:

Post a Comment